1. Why are buildings in which people live close together called apartments?
2. If a fly loses his wings, can he be called a walk?
3. Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?
4. Where is the end of the rainbow?
5. Why can you only use mildew cleaner in a well-ventilated area? If the area was well-ventilated, there wouldn't be mildew?
6. What would we call an iron if it were made out of aluminum?
7. Would sheet metal be usable as a linen?
8. Wouldn't running behind truck get you exhausted and running in front get you tired?
9. If a plumber has to use a plumber's snake, couldn't he or she be a snake charmer too?
10. If a screw driver drives screws, couldn't a hammer be called a nail driver?
11. Why is it that someone who's getting into other people's business is called "nosy" when they should be "eary?" (My 7 year old is a case in point).
12. Is tartar sauce made from tartar or for tartars? Shouldn't it be called fish sauce?
13. Why is it called football when the players use their hands?
14. Why is a golf club called a driver when it's used to hit the ball?